Microscapes. These alien-looking landscapes are created under the microscope, using multiple exposure photography techniques. That top image, the one that looks like the moon over a cliff, is really:
A multiple (3) exposure of recrystallized sulfur, the microscope field diaphragm defocused with a yellow filter (the moon), and a stretched polyethylene baggy (the sky).
(via Explore Blog)
In Filipino, pasalubong is something you bring home to give (for free) to your friends and family when you came from somewhere far, far away, like from a vacation, or even just a trip from a nearby shopping mall. “Hey, please buy me some dumplings before you go home.”
Who can join?
This is only open to all tumblr users, but please read on. The idea of including non-tumblr users (facebook users) is dropped.
There are three sets of prizes and each can only be won by a single person. These prizes are open to Philippine residents only.
- The main set includes two books (The Diary of a Wimpy Kid and To Kill a Mockingbird*), fifteen (15) 4R (4.5”x6”) prints, a 2013 planner (bought here, so it has both the Islamic and the Gregorian dates, and, no, not as fancy as the coffee shop’s). And if ever I find something else along the way.
- A consolation set that includes a book (The Perks of Being A Wallflower†), and ten (10) 4R prints. And if ever I find something else along the way.
I said three sets!
- The third set, the special prize, is for photography enthusiasts. It is a photography book, (BETTER PICTURE GUIDE TO Vacation & Holiday Photography by Michael Busselle) plus five (5) 5R (5”x7”) prints. Open to all tumblrs, anywhere in the world.
- Most of the photos (or all) will be selected from my gallery.
How, How, de carabao!?
- Reblog this post (only up to two times). You don’t have to be following this blog. But would be nicer if you do. A like does count as an entry!
- Now, if you want the special prize (the photography book and the prints), you still need to reblog this post (same instruction as the first). BUT! you have to also like the page I recently created on facebook. ONLY likers of this page will get the chance to have the third pasalubong. (So, basically, if you only care about the books from the first two sets, no need to like the facebook page, but that eliminates your chance for the third prize).*A pre-owned almost unused copy that I bought here.†A personal copy that I have in the RP. I am not a hundred percent sure if it is at home or at somebody else’s. New copy if the case is the latter.
Lincoln Harrison’s Startrails
Liquid Splash Photographs by Markus Reugels
Hot Lava Explodes Against a Cool Hawaiian Shore
4, 5, 9
4. Whats your favorite number?
What was the last thing you ate?
The first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
20. What was the last movie you watched? + 42. Who would you like to see right now? + What field of physics do you love? + Who inspires you?
The blind side. Haha
AA. Adam L. Heechul. A lot. :D
Heat and Thermodynamics. Dynamics. But I love Astronomy the most.
Everyone who is fighting for their lives, for the one they love. Everyone subjected to great challenge yet still trying to bring out the best they can
3, 29 :]
What are you listening to right now?
My mom, forcing me to take a bath. -_-
What books are you reading?
Fiction, non fiction, less of a romantic theme books, more of the science and astronomy.
If you were a crayon what color would you be?
Breathtaking Colors of the Sky